AVCHD to Avid Media Composer
Convert HDC-HS900 AVCHD editing for Avid Media Composer
[AVCHD to Avid]HDC-HS900 video recordings into Avid Media Composer
Panasonic HDC-HS900 is a Full HD 1080 60p/50p camcorder that records to a large, built-in 220GB HDD or to SDHC/SDXC memory cards. It features Panasonic’s advanced 3MOS system comprising a Leica Dicomar 12x optical zoom lens with large f/1.5 aperture and 35mm wide-angle, 3MOS sensor, and Crystal Engine Pro to produce vibrant and sharp HD video, and high-resolution 14.2 megapixel still images. However, the new 60 progressive recording mode with 28Mbps is not friendly for post-production. Over majority non-linear editing software, including the Avid systems do not use the same native AVCHD .mts format as Panasonic HDC-HS900 memory cards, and you have to transfer shootings from HDC-HS900 to PC and have the footage converted into popular video format in order to edit the HDC-HS900 videos.
Here’s a simple and quick workaround for getting Panasonic HDC-HS900 video into Avid Media Composer:
1. Download and install PavtubeHDC-HS900 video to Avid Media Composer Converter, an all-in-one video transcoder that lets you convert HDC-HS900 footage into Avid compatible format.
2. Transfer shootings from HDC-HS900 SDHC/SDXC memory card to your computer.
3. Run Pavtube AVCHD to Avid Converter, click “Add” to import HDC-HS900 .mts footage.
4. Select a proper format from the drop-down list of “Format” bar. To make HDC-HS900 footage be compatible with Avid, you’re advised to select “Avid Studio>> Avid DNxHD 1080p(*.mov)” format.
5. Press on the big “Convert” button to transcode HDC-HS900 footage into Avid editable format.
When conversion completes you can find converted video by clicking “Open” button. After being converted to “Avid DNxHD 1080p(*.mov)” format the HDC-HS900 footage can be imported to Avid Media Composer instantly.
1. This Panasonic AVCHD Converter also works with HD videos from other Panasonic 900, 800, 700, 600 series: TM900, SD900, SD800, TM700, HS700, SD700, SD600.
2. If you’d like to set output video resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc, simply press “Settings” to custom output settings.
3. DNxHD is a best intermediate codec for HD video editing with Avid Media Composer, NewsCutter, Symphony, Avid DS, and Interplay Assist. Uncompressed HD delivers superior image quality, but data rates and file sizes can stop a workflow dead in its tracks. Avid DNxHD delivers both efficiency and quality without compromises.