iTunes M4V to MP4-play iTunes protected movies on Acer Iconia Tab
Apple was reasonably generous with its DRM restrictions–allowing you to play your purchased movies on up to five computers, burn it to CD, and play it on an unlimited number of iPads, iPods and iPhones–but what if you’re playing with an Android slab instead of an iPad?
You can still put the iTunes movies onto an Android tablet, but will be told by your tablet that it can not play them due to protections. That’s the way how DRM works and how Apple protect their online store movies. Sadly but the fact is we not even allowed watching a purchased movie on a favorable player. But if you really want to watch iTunes purchased movies on an Android tab, like Acer Iconia, there is a way to get around the DRM restriction. In this guide I will introduce how to get iTunes music videos onto Acer Iconia A100, a latest Android tab that undercuts iPad 2 quite a lot.
Tool used for DRM removal- Pavtube ChewTune ($29)
Click to purchase the app or download a trial from here- a trial puts watermark on converted videos. BTW, this app works with Windows 7 only.
Before conversion you need to change iTunes options:
1. Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY.
2. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
3. Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
Now you can convert iTunes movies with Pavtube ChewTune:
1. Drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the Pavtube ChewTune-iTunes M4V to MP4 Converter. Or you may click “Add” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies.
2. Click “Format” and select an output format for the Acer Iconia. Here I choose “Common Video>> H.264 Video (*.mp4)”.
3. Click “Convert” to DRM-free iTunes movies. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to get the converted iTunes movies onto Acer Iconia tab. Access Acer Iconia Tab A100 via USB connection. When the DRM-free movies are copied to Acer Iconia tab, you’re free to play them.
1. iTunes Store movies are normally H.264 encoded .m4v files while H.264 encoded .mp4 format is more preferable for Android tablets- actually all tabs (Xoom, Galaxy Tab, HTC Flyer, Touch Pad, Playbook, etc) play the format.
2. You can extract MP3, AAC, WMA, M4R (iPhone Ringtone format) audio from iTunes Store videos with Pavtube ChewTune. Just select the audio format from “Common video” in step 2.
3. When an Acer Iconia tab is connected to PC, you can drag and drop files to it like you do with any other USB storage device. But you can use Acer Sync as you like- a free tool for user to sync/transfer files from PC to Acer Iconia Tabs.
|Print article||This entry was posted by admin on August 29, 2011 at 2:18 am, and is filed under Uncategorized. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
No comments yet.
No trackbacks yet.
about 1 year ago - No comments
ChewTune for Mac turns iTunes M4V movies/TV shows into FREE MP4 videos
The thing about movies and TV shows videos from iTunes is, that they’re all DRM-protected. DRM copy protection is great as an anti-piracy technology, but it often punishes consumers that have legally purchased media. For regular Mac users, DRM could be a dirty trick More >
about 1 year ago - No comments
Playing/convert/watching iTunes music and movies on Asus eee pad
If you purchased many music and movies from iTunes and want to put them on Asus eee pad, But the iTunes music and movies are protected with DRM technology.So I recommend you Pavtube ChewTune- Best DRM remover and converter software which can remove DRM protection from iTunes More >