Posts tagged itunes
Apple was reasonably generous with its DRM restrictions–allowing you to play your purchased movies on up to five computers, burn it to CD, and play it on an unlimited number of iPads, iPods and iPhones–but what if you’re playing with an Android slab instead of an iPad?
You can still put the iTunes movies onto an Android tablet, but will be told by your tablet that it can not play them due to protections. That’s the way how DRM works and how Apple protect their online store movies. Sadly but the fact is we not even allowed watching a purchased movie on a favorable player. But if you really want to watch iTunes purchased movies on an Android tab, like Acer Iconia, there is a way to get around the DRM restriction. In this guide I will introduce how to get iTunes music videos onto Acer Iconia A100, a latest Android tab that undercuts iPad 2 quite a lot.
Tool used for DRM removal- Pavtube ChewTune ($29)
Click to purchase the app or download a trial from here- a trial puts watermark on converted videos. BTW, this app works with Windows 7 only.
Before conversion you need to change iTunes options:
1. Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY.
2. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
3. Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
Now you can convert iTunes movies with Pavtube ChewTune:
1. Drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the Pavtube ChewTune-iTunes M4V to MP4 Converter. Or you may click “Add” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies.
2. Click “Format” and select an output format for the Acer Iconia. Here I choose “Common Video>> H.264 Video (*.mp4)”.
3. Click “Convert” to DRM-free iTunes movies. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to get the converted iTunes movies onto Acer Iconia tab. Access Acer Iconia Tab A100 via USB connection. When the DRM-free movies are copied to Acer Iconia tab, you’re free to play them.
1. iTunes Store movies are normally H.264 encoded .m4v files while H.264 encoded .mp4 format is more preferable for Android tablets- actually all tabs (Xoom, Galaxy Tab, HTC Flyer, Touch Pad, Playbook, etc) play the format.
2. You can extract MP3, AAC, WMA, M4R (iPhone Ringtone format) audio from iTunes Store videos with Pavtube ChewTune. Just select the audio format from “Common video” in step 2.
3. When an Acer Iconia tab is connected to PC, you can drag and drop files to it like you do with any other USB storage device. But you can use Acer Sync as you like- a free tool for user to sync/transfer files from PC to Acer Iconia Tabs.
Playing/convert/watching iTunes music and movies on Asus eee pad
If you purchased many music and movies from iTunes and want to put them on Asus eee pad, But the iTunes music and movies are protected with DRM technology.So I recommend you Pavtube ChewTune- Best DRM remover and converter software which can remove DRM protection from iTunes music and movies and convert them to the formats compatible with Asus eee pad
Pavtube ChewTune features powerful DRM removal capability to help you make movies and music purchased through online stores free from copyright limitations. Besides removing DRM copy protection,it is also able to convert DRM protected video and audio files like .mp4, .wmv, .m4v, .asf, .mov, .wma, .mp3, .m4a, etc. to many other commonly used A/V formats, which makes it possible for you to freely enjoy the converted files on almost all multimedia devices, such as Asus eee pad, iPad, Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, PSP, Droid X, Samsung Epic 4G and more.
The following guide will tell you how to use Pavtube ChewTune to convert/play iTunes music and movies to Asus eee pad.
Step 1: Load the iTunes music and movies to the Pavtube ChewTune.
Import the files by clicking the “Add”button or dragging and dropping files to the”Getting Started”area.
Pavtube ChewTune import DRM-protected video of these formats: *.mp4, *.wmv, *.m4v, *.asf, and *.mov.
Pavtube ChewTune import audio (either DRM-protected or not) of these formats: *.wma, *.mp3, *.m4a,*.m4p, *.mp2, *.mpa, *.ra, *.ram, *.aac, *.wav, *.au, *.mp3, *.mp2, *.flac, *.ape, *.ogg, *.8svx, *.aiff, *.aif, *.caf, *.dts, *.smv, *.tta, *.voc.
Step 2. Click “Format”bar to set output format.
Click “Format” bar to select output file format. There are various video and audio formats for you to choose from. Select a desired format from the list, play itunes music and movies to Asus eee pad, I recommend you choose “Common Video->H.264 Video(*.mp4)”.
Step 3. Click “Browse”button to set output folder.
The software saves converted videos to default path if you don’t specify an output folder. Click “Browse” button to specify output location where you’d like to export video/audio files to.
Step 4. Click the “Convert” button to start converting iTunes music and movies to Asus eee pad.
Click the “Convert” button to start converting DRM files to MP4 with Pavtube ChewTune After conversion you can click the “Open”button to open output folder and check the generated video or audio files.
Tips: To convert iTunes DRM-restricted files, iTunes must be installed.